2A - Bug List




Elizabeth Fullwood


ENT3003


Bug List


1) Bug: - Amazon doesn’t ship to Antigua, where my daughter attends Medical school.


"Why" the bug exists: Shipping costs are too high for Amazon to ship to Antigua.


2) Bug: - When my Momma calls, she doesn’t ask about what is going on in my life here in Germany.


"Why" the bug exists: My Momma has a lot going on taking care of my paralyzed Uncle and is focused on her life.


3) Bug: - The time difference from Florida to Germany, which adds additional stress to my school schedule.


"Why" the bug exists: Florida and Germany are on different time zones and I attend the University of Florida online.


4) Bug: - Separating biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste in Germany.


"Why" the bug exists: Germany has very strict recycling laws that includes compost.


5) Bug: - My husband sets multiple alarms to wake up in the morning.


"Why" the bug exists: My husband wants to ensure he doesn’t over sleep and is not late to work.


6) Bug: - My tire pressure light just came on.


"Why" the bug exists: The light comes on to alert me that the tires are low on air.


7) Bug: - My Basil plant is dying.


"Why" the bug exists: The plant needs a bigger pot.


8) Bug: - The Wifi in the hospital where I work does not let me connect to certain websites.


"Why" the bug exists: The hospital is focused on protecting security.


9) Bug: - The Government housing complains about grass being overgrown 2 inches.


"Why" the bug exists: Government housing wants the post to look nice.


10) Bug: - Using my fire pit during a get together, and neighbors complain about smoke going into their houses.


"Why" the bug exists: Germany houses do not have air conditioning, so everyone leaves their windows open.


11) Bug: - Overseas Military posts do not give pennies back as change.


"Why" the bug exists: The military wants to save money on the cost of shipping the coins overseas.


12) Bug: - Hulu only shows GMA (Good Morning America) the day after it is aired.


"Why" the bug exists: Hulu does not stream live TV.


13) Bug: - Friends or acquaintances say that Florida isn’t the South.


"Why" the bug exists: Florida is a peninsula and is sometimes looked at as its own entity.


14) Bug: - My new Supervisor comes off rude and harsh.


"Why" the bug exists: The new Supervisor is an Army Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge and has not supervised civilians.


15) Bug: - The Shoppette (military convenience store) is out of Bud Light.


"Why" the bug exists: The manager did not plan for high demand.


16) Bug: - Wanting to look at U.S. websites, but they are blocked.


"Why" the bug exists: Germany is part of the European Union, which has strict internet laws.


17) Bug: - Eating at the German restaurants and the server takes forever to bring my bill.


"Why" the bug exists: German culture wants you to enjoy your time at their restaurant without feeling rushed.


18) Bug: - Family and Friends visit me in Germany and want to visit the same popular places.


"Why" the bug exists: We are stationed in Europe.


19) Bug: - At my job, we are scheduled out 2 months for sleep studies.


"Why" the bug exists: We do not have enough Sleep Technicians to accommodate the demand.


20) Bug: - Hair clogs the shower drain.


"Why" the bug exists: My hair is long and falls out.


Bug Reflection

Assuming I did this assignment correctly, I didn't have that hard of a time coming up with bugs. Sadly, my age and experiences might have a factor with the bugs in my life (haha). I think it was more difficult answering "Why" the bug exists. I am interested in finding out my peer's bugs. Did I over think? I actually have more bugs as I'm typing. My mind must be infested lol!

I feel like this was a cool assignment. I never really looked at bugs as why they exist, but ultimately why they bug the hell out of me. I’m intrigued to learn the nitty gritty of this class and getting to know how to solve problems instead of complaining. Or, even just looking at the world in a different way.

I enjoy the fact that I am a military spouse stationed overseas and can reflect on extra bugs that others may not experience. If anyone is interested in military life overseas, i.e. Germany, feel free to reach out! We are here another year.

Comments

  1. I think you did a very thorough job on this assignment. I was impressed by the wide array of bugs and the unique perspective you have because you are overseas at the moment taking classes online. I found it impressive that your reflection was very thorough and explained why your responses to this assignment was different than the average uf student. The only way that you could improve is by maybe putting more than one reason why your bugs exist. For example, the drain may be getting clogged by your hair because soap causes hair to stick to the walls of the drain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elizabeth,

    I thought your bug list was well thought out and easy to relate to. I thought the bug about your husband setting multiple alarms was funny. I do the same exact thing because I don't want to accidentally oversleep. Sometimes when I am really tired I will turn my alarm off without even realizing it and fall right back to sleep. This happened to me a few times with school and work, so I eventually started setting multiple alarms. I found it interesting that you said the houses in Germany don't have air conditioning so people keep their windows open. I have never been to Germany so I didn't know that. I thought this assignment was great and actually made us realize why certain bugs exist. Hope you are enjoying your time in Germany.

    -William Saller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elizabeth,
    I can tell that you really pay attention to nuance. I also noticed, based on your writing, that you understand the ‘bugs’ and why they exist. Furthermore, I found it unique and motivating, that you live in Germany and manage schoolwork in a different time zone. Lastly, I found It really clever when you mentioned that the manager of the Shop didn’t plan for a high demand of Bud light. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your list and can’t wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

24A - Venture Concept No. 1

28A - Your Exit Strategy