3A - MY ENTREPRENEURSHIP STORY
A time in my life that I was exposed to entrepreneurship was when my Dad started his own business. My Dad had medically retired from the military and was itching to be his own boss. He opened his business called Kramnick & Associates in Fredericksburg, VA. The business consisted of insurance agent brokers and services. Eventually, he dove deep into stocks and bonds and his business did well. He is now retired and has sold his business.
My Dad was always busy. I remember going to his business and sealing envelopes, just to “spend time” with him. Even then, he was always on the phone with clients or running in and out of the office. It was sometimes difficult to understand back then, but obviously now I know somewhat the amount of work that goes into building and maintaining a successful business.
My Dad also wrote books. He was paid to attend functions as the guest speaker. He would motivate people on how to sell and how to generate referrals to increase your business. For my image, I chose a picture of his book he wrote while he was an entrepreneur.
I enrolled in ENT3003, because I am a Business Administration Major and it’s required. I will say that out of all the classes that I have to take, it is the one that I was the most excited to be a part of. I hope to learn how to look at the world differently. I would also like to learn ideas on networking and the steps that are taken to create a business and be successful.

Hello Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteThis post really clicked for me because my father is a small business owner as well, and the part of your post about "spending time" with him while he was at work really hit home for me. As I mentioned in my own post, my dad owns a small auto body repair shop in Chicago, and although he only has five employees, he often works 12 hour days, 5 days a week. I had never really appreciated how hard he worked until I went to college and would visit my family at home, yet my father was so busy with work I hardly got to see him at all. I enjoyed this post a lot, there are a ton of parallels between your experience with your father being an entrepreneur and my own, and I am guessing it is because this is often the sacrifice it takes to successfully run a business, something I am looking forward to doing in the future. I honestly don't have any suggestions for what you could change, both the content and the organization of this post were spot on, and I enjoyed it very much. However, I do want to note that ENT3003 is NOT required for the Business Administration minor at UF, unless you are enrolled in a different program.
Jake
Hi Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteI could also relate to this post because my dad owned his own construction business up until I was ten. I remember my dad having to work weekends on top of long hours during the week. After reading Jake’s comment it is obvious that we have all been inspired by the hard work our father’s put into their businesses. This post was very thorough and informative, so I would change nothing about it. I was impressed with the execution of this post and it allowed us to get to know more about you. I am also a Business Administration Major!
Ainsley Strackbein