30A – Final Reflection
30A – Final Reflection
http://www.theequitykicker.com/2015/11/06/startup-ups-and-downs-friday-fun/
http://www.theequitykicker.com/2015/11/06/startup-ups-and-downs-friday-fun/
- The most formative experience for me in ENT3003 were the lectures. I took detailed notes so I could “hopefully” score a full point on the cupcakes. I thought Dr. Pryor did an awesome job teaching. It was interesting to see how what I’ve learned in other classes came together.
- The experience that I’ll remember years later is the repetitive pitches. I realized that practice really does help with a pitch and I even used those skills I developed to nail a job interview! I got the job! J
- My most joyous moment was conducting the research for my business venture and discovering potential weaknesses of my competitor. I became so invested in my venture plan, that I truly got excited lol.
- The experience I am most proud of myself for accomplishing would be taking the steps to interview people that actually “played” in my business venture realm. I know that they are busy individuals and having the courage to ask them to take time out for me was sometimes nerve racking. I was already an extrovert, but these assignments even pushed me.
- At the beginning of the semester, I truly had no idea what Entrepreneurs do to develop business plans and pursue ventures. After putting my all into ENT3003, I do believe I have developed an entrepreneurial mindset. I have taken very detailed notes and have a blog to always refer back to if needed. I have a lot of respect for Entrepreneurs.
- One recommendation I would make to students who are going to journey down the ENT3003 course would be to choose a business venture that you are interested in and is a true unmet need. This will minimize your 3 month suffering, and you will enjoy the class. To perform better in the class, I would recommend reaching out to Dr. Pryor. He has been extremely helpful. He helped me open my eyes and provided ideas that I would not have thought of. He gives awesome feedback. So, don’t be afraid to email Dr. Pryor your blog cite. He even sometimes provides video feedback.

Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteThis was a great post. Congrats on the job you just landed! I agree that those pitches gave great practice for being comfortable with speaking. While it was a formal speaking assignment, it allowed us to showcase our personality to really sell our products. Lastly, I can relate to the interviews pushing me out of my comfort zone to get good information that could support me business plan.
Hey Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteI can't believe this class has finally come to an end. It is awesome to hear that you used verbal communication skills that you learned in this class to help you nail a job interview. That is proof that this class was very helpful and helped us to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. I definitely agree that practice made perfect on the elevator pitch. Congratulations on the job and I wish you good luck with your future endeavors.
Hey Liz,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, congrats on nailing your job interview! In the amount of effort and time I have seen you put into each and every post throughout the semester, I am not surprised. It's quite weird this class has finally come to an end, it truly feels like the end of an era. You did extremely well throughout the year and I truly feel you should make your venture concept reality. I wish you success in the future and take care!
Hi Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the picture that you decided to put with your final reflection. It really shows the ups and downs that come with being an entrepreneur. I liked hearing that the skills that you gained from the elevator pitches helped your interview skills and lead to you getting a job. I hope that you pursue your business and it launches.