14A - Halfway Reflection

14A – Halfway Reflection
Tenacity & Paying It Forward

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?


In ENT3003, it is extremely important that you keep track of due dates. I always double check to make sure my assignments were submitted. I also try to look ahead at the next assignments. If you take this course seriously, you will learn a lot. This requires you to begin working on the next assignment quick. I have found that looking for interviewees can be challenging. Also, begin reading the required books as soon as you begin class. I did, and found myself finishing right before the reading summary was due.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

ENT3003 is a tedious class, especially if you take it seriously. Searching for interviewees in a short period of time, while working full time pushes you to the breaking point of wanting to give up. I think my support system has pulled me through. “Hang in there” they say. I have built a tenacious attitude over the past two months. I have been head strong about learning everything I can from this class. I have been determined to try my best in acting out my idea through the assignments and seeing where it ends up.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?

A) I would highly encourage the next semester’s student to work on their scheduling and organizational skills. Whether you need to set alerts, or buy a planner. Dates creep up fast and it’s easy to miss an assignment.

B) Listening skills are crucial if you want to pass the cupcakes. Do not expect to pass them if you do not watch the lectures. The questions can be tricky, so take detailed notes.

C) As far as developing the tenacious mindset, I would recommend investing your entrepreneurial idea in something that you are interested in. This will help you push through the assignments and you will learn more. Find your grit and role with it! 



For my picture, I have attached a still frame of my first pitch in ENT3003. When I look at it, I LAUGH and am reminded of my courage of pushing through the many times of recording myself and then taking it a step further and volunteering my pitch to be up for the entire class to provide constructive criticism.

Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth!
    I agree that keeping track of dates in this class is extremely important in your success. I liked that you mentioned your support system as a motivator for you. I liked the tip that you gave to write detailed notes on his lectures. After doing the first few cupcakes, I learned the hard way that extremely detailed notes is a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz,

    Once again great job! It is funny that many of the keys to success that you have offered in the course I have recently began implementing as well. I wish I would have read your advice about the reading materials sooner, as it was definitely good advice. I had to read an entire book in 4 days and it was not pleasant. In addition, I thought your tips were very in line with my own. I think this class teaches you organizational skills better than any other class I've taken at UF so far, and I am grateful for it. Lastly, your advice on starting your business venture in something you are interested in was also some great advice, that's what I did and it has made this class much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment