19A – Second Shot at Idea Napkin No. 2

19A – Second Shot at Idea Napkin No. 2

1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?


I am a caring individual who has a huge heart. I am talented at solving problems and finding creative ways to find solutions. I am skilled in effective communication, which has been enhanced with my cultural experiences around the world. My aspirations are to be a leader that motivates a team to accomplish an organization’s goals. Regarding my business concept, I believe that my service would encompass all my talents, skills and experiences. It would satisfy my aspiration of being a leader and helping others.

2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).

My CPAP Hygiene Service offers a solution to CPAP users that want to save time on cleaning their CPAP masks and hoses. The service would not only sterilize the masks and hoses, it would deep clean them.

3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?

My targeted market would be military retirees that are CPAP users. They want to live life stress free now that they have served their country. They value convenience and appreciate being respected for their service. Most of my customer are aged 35+. They have a common interest of supporting military businesses.

4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.

My customers believe that my service is valuable to them because it saves them time and eliminates the nuisance of cleaning their own masks. My service provides three convenient options to ensure that my customers save time.

5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?

My five core competencies are experience, communication, creativity, caring and productivity. What sets me apart from everyone else is that I work for a Sleep clinic. I am aware of what Doctors want for their patients, and I’m also aware of what the patient’s unmet needs are. I can relate to the customers, which is a competitive advantage.

I believe my five elements fit together perfectly for my business concept. It is important to know your customers and be able to listen to their needs. Since I am a military spouse, I personally relate to my targeted market and my experience working in the Sleep clinic has provided the knowledge needed for Sleep Apnea patients that use CPAP machines. I am great at communicating and have been very creative with the three convenient options provided to my customers to save them time when using my service.

Feedback Memo:

A) Feedback that I received was that some customers were not interested in my service coming to their home. It forced me to brainstorm ideas on how to get those customers. That is when I added an option of a prepaid mail service. That idea sparked a lot of interest and I was able to capture more customers.

B) Additional feedback that I was able to learn from was from my instructor, Dr. Pryor. When I initially developed my idea of CPAP mask cleaning, I was focused on a product. Dr. Pryor convinced me to pursue a service-oriented business where I could make mulah today. He said while I’m working in my service business, I could be developing my product to sell.



I used both of those feedback ideas and incorporated them into my business concept. Idea napkin 2, fully discloses how I adjusted my ideas to accommodate feedback.

Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth, I really enjoyed reading your blog post. From what I read it really sounds like you are really passionate about your idea. The part I like most about your post is that one of the core principles of your business is to try to make the lives of your clients more convenient and less stressful. Overall, I really enjoyed reading your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth!
    I thought your post included lots of details and it seems like you know your product and yourself pretty well. I think that making a pre paid mail service would definitely helps spark more interest in your business because it would help increase accessibility. I think that since your idea is very specific and niche, you could have a good business on your hand. It has been cool to see how your idea has developed overtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liz,

    Great post per usual! I definitely liked how you incorporated Dr. Pryor's feedback regarding making your venture a service while working on developing it as a product. I noticed this switch by you early in the semester and I thought it was a good call. You've done several interviews with people who have said they would want a cleaning service, while also a good amount who would like a product. By offering as a service until your product is fully developed, you can really make a killing once your product drops. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

24A - Venture Concept No. 1

28A - Your Exit Strategy